Eyello

Endciv bundles

Endciv merchandising   24 votes

1. 1. Would you like Physical goods?

• Yes!
    • No, just concentrate on the game.
    • No, but digital goods would be nice (PDF guides and info)
  2. 2. Which (physical or digital) goods do you like?

• Prints/Posters
    • T-Shirt
    • Base-Caps
    • Mugs
    • Game guides or info material (Handbook, tech-tree)
    • Art Book or Diary with development insights
    • Others, please write in comments

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Hey folks.

In the background I silently prepare the release for Endciv and the question to what we may offer in addition to the game seems to be solved. There are various reasons why we want to do that and one thing up front, the extra effort is a win-win situation in the end.

So here is the plan: On our website there will be special offers which can be seen as bundles or rewards. Most of those contain a physical good and include worldwide shipping at very fair prices. You can also choose either to receive a Steam Key or a DRM-free version.

Endciv Early Access shall start at $19.99 / 18.99€ / £14.99. This price can increase during development.

Bundles

In addition we will sell bundles on our website at fixed US-Dollar prices.
The first bundle would start at $22 and you would receive an exclusive two-sided print which you can choose out of a few motives! In addition there might be little digital goods as well for all Supporters. Please keep in mind that this offer relies on a number of factors but demonstrates the range. Now you got an idea and I would like to collect some opinions. Which stuff do you like to have? What is your opinion on them?

Another bundle could contain a T-Shirt for example.

Retail experience

While digital versions are convenient some people do prefer physical goods. Especially the often missing and doomed Handbook or an overview print such as a Tech-Tree could be interesting for some people. Of course these kind of things could only be finished and shipped at the end of core development, which you have to expect to be 1 or 2 years.

Another thing could be a digital and printed book. That book would be filled with art and development insights and would be the end of the spectrum of a special supporter pack. Would somebody be explicitly interested in such a thing?

Exclusive print (preview illustration)

posters.jpg.6d5c9b4530274db4154ed636c3b6

Clothing ideas

clothing.thumb.jpg.6f03c840019ae238ce4bf

Mugs

mugs.jpg.1011b41e4681cac129559527af2c53b

1 person likes this

First question: When is the realease of the game? I cant wait:$. I am not a fan of these Merchandise. Ich would prefer digital goods. Like a digital Artwork book and Soundtracks which are used in the game. I don't know if Eyello mentioned it before, but Guides and these stuff would be very nice. The T-Shirts and the other stuff is cool, but I wouldn't buy it. I will buy the game and digital content. 

Guides and Maps and such things would be nice.

Pls no Shirts or Mugs, These things don't last long.

Posters, Maps, Guides and Techtrees. Something like that ;)

Присоединяюсь к Nico - Когда планируется релиз Альфа версий в Steam?

Насчет сувениров, не отказался бы от такой кружки (спойлер), а также от разнообразных книг и постеров игры. Сколько будет стоит посылка до Москвы? 

Spoiler

things6-kruhcka56f2795147c5d.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Its actually true that the minority would hang up a print. The issue is that handbooks or guides don't make any sense at this point. Things are in order to change.

14 hours ago, Nico said:

First question: When is the realease of the game? I cant wait:$. I am not a fan of these Merchandise. Ich would prefer digital goods. Like a digital Artwork book and Soundtracks which are used in the game.

In the middle of April :)

I will think more about these things. I agree that digital goods are more convenient. On the other hand they feels so cheap.
There will be some kind of Supporter bundle, a limited edition if you want. It is just an offer based on expectations and I am not a big fan of those. Especially if we would offer a Soundtrack of the game while we don't even have a lot of tracks yet. Still this is for extra supporters, anybody can just buy the game instead.

EDIT: I changed the pool to consider both types of goods.

6 hours ago, Eyello said:

In the middle of April :)

Thanks, waiting for it now9_9

6 hours ago, Eyello said:

Thanks for the feedback. Its actually true that the minority would hang up a print. The issue is that handbooks or guides don't make any sense at this point. Things are in order to change.

I will think more about these things.

Maybe you offer these features later in the game devolopment. This can wait till the game is published.

When it comes to extras, I personally enjoy separate soundtracks (I have my phone or PC playing VG Soundtracks constantly).

Now this is just my opinion:

Physical Extras - 
I agree here:

On 3/23/2016 at 6:13 AM, RobQ said:

Pls no Shirts or Mugs, These things don't last long.

Shirt and Mugs get dirty, misplaced or broken and I tend to just not wear or use them because of that.
Guidebooks and Help Books are good, but my bread and Butter has always been Art Books, especially when they include side notes on development, whether something worked or not and the behind the scenes thoughts on why the developers thought something worked or didn't. - This also works in Digital form, but I personally enjoy flipping through a book... and think they look nice on the shelves/tables.

Digital Extras -
Again, Soundtracks are always nice.
Art Books are OK too (Physical Printing can be... expensive).
I have never been one for Digital Perks, though they can be a nice flare to a game at times.

I also agree here:

On 3/23/2016 at 4:06 PM, Nico said:

Maybe you offer these features later in the game devolopment. This can wait till the game is published.

TL;DR
If its Physical Extras - Art Book, Help/Guide Books
If its Digital Extras - Soundtrack, Art Book, Possibly Exclusive Skins
Willing to Wait on Art and Guide Books.

Can't wait to see this simulator (game)  finished so I can buy some shirts...